Wednesday 29 January 2014

Liebster Award

Okay i just got nominated for the Liebster Award by the amazing Sophia De Merci!

I had absolutly no idea about this award until Sophia mentioned it to me on monday, and it sounds really amazing, here are the rules i must follow 

1. Post 11 random facts about yourself

2. Answer the 11 questions the awarding blogger has posted for you

3. Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award and link them in your post
4. Compose 11 questions the nominated bloggers have to answer
5. Let the bloggers know they are nominated

11 Random Facts About Myself?

1. I have a very great love of books, ranging from my childhood favourite The Prophecy Of The Gems by Falvia Bujor 

  
To my current favourite The Hobbit by J.R Tolkien. My love of books is from my childhood where it was always a great adventure to go to the libary every saturday afternoon with my Nana Pauline to pick out a new book that would let me escape to a strange land, this escapism is very much apart of the reason i stil read today. One of my favourite quotes is that 'Man only lives one life however a man that reads lives a thousand'

2. I cry at pretty much every film i watch, and some like the notebook i can even cry thinking about them. I'm entirely too over emotional but i wouldnt change it for the world, this hypersensitivity to media i feel also enhances my love of books, music and film! I will list my top 5 films to cry at.
             1. The Notebook
             2. The Reader
             3.Remember Me
             4.Letters To Juliette
             5.The Green Mile






4. I am an incredible history nerd, and i cant wait to do it for my degree! History has always been a big part of my life with both my grandads intrested in two of my favourite modern areas of history to read up on. Grandad Doug had a love of all things American West and my Grandad Jim never forgave the Germans for bombing his school and killing several children during WW2 so i was always surrounded by an at times biast but passionate love for finding out infomation on the past and how we can learn from it. My favourite history book at the moment is Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown as it very detailed, incredibly interesting and is fairly easy to understand unlike some other history books i've read in the past. I also enjoy historical filmumentaries like Band of Brothers
      made by HBO which despite being a made for tv film is actually very historically accurate. And my favourite purely factual documentary at the moment is Andrew Marrs The Making Of Modern Britain which is also a book that is a very hard read because its so incredibly verbose. 






5. When i was little i always wanted to be an airline stewardess, despite having a crippling fear of flying. Oh and if i couldnt be an air stewardess i wanted to be Wednesday Addams


6. I have a massive soft spot for babies and young children, i always pretend to hate them unless they are family but in the end i am a big softie who loves nothing more than entertaining teacup humans.

7. I LOVE  to cook, i've been baking aslong as i can remember every saturday after coming home from the libary once again with Nana Pauline and using Grandad Doug as a taste tester,
sadly they have both passed away now but the things they taught me will stay with me all my life! I still think baking is my favourite area of cooking, but i now enjoy experimenting with savoury flavours and i absolutly love to cook for people. Especially my friends because they are always there for me and i feel that the best way to repay them for that is to ply them with as much food as possible.





 8. I'm an absolute TV addict, if i watch a series i watch them all in a matter of days!

My favourites so far have been Game of Thrones, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Friends, New Girl and of course Criminal Minds!

























9. I just used HTML for the first time to align those photos big thanks to This Blog for teaching me how!
  
10. I have a slight chocolate addiction, my favourite chocolate at the moment is just plain ol Galaxy, but last month it was Malteesers bar chocolate so this may well change in the future!

11. I am terrible at maths, i barely passed my GCSE'S  and use a calculator for everything but the very basics, my brain is not maths orientated sorry!

 
 Now on to Sophia's Questions!

1. What is your all-time favourite place to go? 
My favourite place in the entire world to go is the Greek Dodecanese set of Islands! As all of them are incredibly beautiful and have some lovely cuisine.
 
2. How would you describe your blog? 
My blog is a strange mix of everything i like, there is no sort of pattern its just a mish-mash of things i like and enjoy.
 
3. If you could spend as much as you want on one online shopping side, which one would it be?
It would have to be Amazon because they have books, dvds, aswell as having outlets for my favourite shops (American Apparel) and designer options such as Kurt Geiger shoe's.
4. What is your favourite era in terms of music?
It's got to be the 90's for me, im a sucker for the super sweet boybands of the decade (NSYNC) as well as the grungier side. I have a love for Nirvana my favourite song being Heart Shaped Box or Lithium. or Possibly the early Noughties as my favourite bands include 30 Seconds To Mars, Hinder, Three Days Grace ect.
5. Reading or watching TV?
Depends on my mood, reading is for when i can concerntrait. Tv is for when i need to switch off and focus on something else.
6. Who is your favourite blogger and why?
David Crystal because he is informative and interesting, not to mention its a great help with my ALEVELS. He also picks out idea's that i never would of thought of.
7.When you go shopping, what do you end up buying every single time?
I always end up buying socks or tights, some form of hoisery because lets be honest you can NEVER  have enough pairs and there are some pretty special options out there!
8. What is your opinion about statement necklaces?
I think statement necklaces are okay aslong as you have a simple outfit, i dislike statement pieces when people are already wearing a bold outfit because your jewellery should ALWAYS  compliment what your wearing not over power it.
9. Since when do you blog, and what was the main reason you started blogging?
I started blogging just last week, and my main reason for starting a blog was that my friends that have them absolutly love them and i had alot of time on my hands and thought it would be fun.
10. Is there any fashion era you would want to revive?
No i wouldnt like to revive a definitive era, because im all for mixing style. As fashion should be a reflection of who you are and no one person is ever just one moment of fashion history.
11. What is your favourite TV show and why?
My favourite TV show has got to be Criminal Minds because i can watch the episodes over and over again without getting bored.
 

My 11 Questions!

1. Whats are you passionate about?
2. Whats your favourite film, tv show and book?
3. Why do you blog?
4. If you could buy anything from any shop what would it be?
5. Whats your favourite beauty item?
6. How would you describe your style?
7. Whats your favourite food?
8. Who or What inspired you to blog?
9. Whats your favourite piece of clothing?
10. Whats your best piece of life advice?
11. If you could do anything what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment