Monday 27 January 2014

My January essentials.

I am very much a self confessed shop-a-holic, and in the last few week i have spent more than enough money on clothes...

One of my pieces is beautiful and delicate, and will be perfect for going out during the summer, its by Day Birger Et Mikkelsen and is a really soft femmine sheer number
It has really delicate lace detailing around the bottom, shoulders and back... The lightweight fabric also makes its glide over your curves rather than sticking to them like glue making it alot more subtle than some of the other cuts on that are popular at the moment.



I also got a beautiful pair of shoes from Topshop in the sale which was fantastic, and if you didnt have a browse well you missed out on some real savings.





I also induldged my secret nerd side that has a huge love for anythingTolkien with a really cute Bilbo Baggins quote tshirt from Qwertee.com
And also from Qwertee i ordered a cute Disney/Marvel Avengers 'Thor Story' shirt, it mixes my insane love of Norse Mythology, Super Hero's and of course DISNEY!!!
I have also ordered some more tee's off of Redbubble.com, that will be arriving soon and i will post them as they do! And I treated myself once more on the MarsStore as I have loved 30STM since I was twelve or thirteen, and first heard A Modern Myth and the lyrics just clicked with me and they've been one of my favourite bands ever since!


However not all of my January essentials have been new purchases,

My beautiful Doc's have been a staple of almost every outfit, I have the Black Serena's with the white lining which means I had absolutly no pain when breaking them in which im told is a miracle!!! This makes me love them even more.

I also recycled some of my old jewellery to mix my new style with some old cute bits that I had forgotten about til i had a sort out after christmas...
This Amethyst  and Silver filgree necklace was given to me for my 16th birthday by my mum and it was brought from an antique shop in norwich as i've always had a thing for older jewellery
This silver Winnie The Pooh charm bracelet has been in my ownership for as along as i can remember and it has always been a piece thats versatile and adds a cute edge to an outfit because sometimes large mordern bracelets like my pandora can be overpowering and this is very delicate and doesnt draw too much attention but is actually really detailed when you look closer.

Another forgotten favourite is my Diesel Loverdose perfume, the aniseed scent is beautiful and wintery making me feel all warm just smelling it, its also alot heavier than the perfumes or lotions that i usually go for... I'm much more of a fruity person when it comes to scents but theres something about this perfume that just clicks with me in winter which sadly means this amazing perfume is often forgotten for the rest of the year, which so happens to be the reason i've made it a January essential is because i've only just found it again!


And last but certainly not least is something that i've made myself, it took six months to knit but if i say so myself has turned out very well.
The bright colours are a nice change to the dark and dreary colours that I tend to lean towards in the winter months and will contrast quite nicely with my wax jacket, when i finally get round to completing the finishing touches.


So i hope you like my January essentials even if you dont neccassarily agree with them, hope you enoyed reading this piece and look up the next one!















1 comment:

  1. hey izzy, i've nominated you for the Liebster Award! further information on my blog ;) xx
    http://sophiedemerci.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete